Bali Weather March

Are you curious about the weather in Bali in March? You’re in for some warm and bright weather with a potential of periodic rain. March is a pleasant season to visit the island’s various beaches, temples, and rice terraces, with average daily temperatures of 27°C (80.6°F).

March Weather in Bali

  • Averages temperature: 24–34°C (75–93°F)
  • Sunshine hours/day: 9
  • Rainfall: 234 mm (9.21 inches)
  • Rainy days: 17
  • Humidity: 85%
  • Ocean temperature: 29°C (84.2°F)

High and Low Temperatures

In March, the average daily temperature in Bali is 27°C (80.6°F), with average high temperatures reaching 30°C (86°F) and low temperatures falling to 23°C (73°F). It’s warm enough to spend the day exploring and participating in outdoor activities without becoming overheated.

March Rainfall in Bali

March is one of the wettest months in Bali, with an average rainfall of 234mm (9.21 inches). In March, it rains 17 days on average, however the rain is usually light and spread throughout the day.

March Ocean Temperature in Bali

The average seawater temperature in Bali in March is 29°C (84.2°F), making it perfect for swimming and other water-based activities. Bali’s beaches are a must-see for everyone visiting the island in March, thanks to its mild temperatures, beautiful waters, and diverse marine life.

Finally, March is an excellent season to visit Bali, with mild temperatures, intermittent rain, and plenty of sunshine.

Sunshine Hours in Bali in March

March only has 9 hours per day of sunshine which is slightly less in comparison to other months in peak season, though it is worth noting that these are not daytime hours but simply hours during which the sun is shining brightly in the sky.


Although March marks the beginning of Bali’s rainy season, it can still be a wonderful time to visit this stunning island. Travelers can enjoy a more tranquil and cost-effective vacation while exploring the island’s natural flora and cultural activities with less crowds and reduced pricing.

While there may be some rain, it usually falls in brief bursts, giving you plenty of time to visit Bali’s many temples, art galleries, and museums.

Additionally, many of Bali’s beaches and surf locations may still be enjoyed in March, with surfers and water sports lovers taking advantage of the waves produced by the rainy season.

Whether you’re interested in nature, culture, or outdoor activities, March in Bali may provide a one-of-a-kind and unforgettable experience.

Bali March Weather FAQs

Is March a Favourable Time to Visit Bali?

March in Bali is part of the rainy season, but the weather starts to improve with cleaner beaches and milder coastal winds. Tourist activity begins to increase during this period.

What is the Likelihood of Rain in Bali During March?

In March, Bali typically has a 23% chance of a completely sunny day and a 77% chance of partial cloudiness, with an average rainfall of about 234mm for the month.

Does Bali Experience Dry Weather in March?

March falls in Bali’s wet season, which lasts from November to March. The island’s dry season spans from April to October.

Is March Part of the Rainy Season in Indonesia, Including Bali?

Yes, March is part of the rainy season in Indonesia, including Bali. The season typically lasts from November to March and is characterized by afternoon rainfalls.

Are the End of March Days Rainy in Bali?

The end of March in Bali is usually hot and rainy, with afternoon showers common. This does little to decrease the humidity, making swimming pools a popular retreat from the heat.

How Affordable is Bali in March?

March is a budget-friendly time to visit Bali. With fewer tourists than the peak season, accommodation and activities are generally more affordable.

What Should You Wear in Bali in March?

Lightweight, breathable summer clothing is ideal for Bali in March. This includes swimwear, shorts, T-shirts, and comfortable footwear like sandals or flip-flops, suitable for the island’s heat and humidity.

Other Months